Monday, January 12, 2009

Week two

I finished the story about Mary Rossing this weekend and it should be posted soon hopefully. This week, I decided to cover the Northfield library's early literacy programs and possibly look at some of the expansion possibilities and other issues the library is currently facing.

This morning, I went to the library around ten to check out the First Steps Literacy Program, which takes place weekly on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10-12 in the morning. It was pretty quiet while I was there, probably because of the snowstorm that eventually caused the Northfield schools to close early. I did meet a volunteer and one of the children's programs organizers, Leesa Wisdorf, who leads the Infant Lapsit program on Tuesday among other things.

I plan on going throughout the week to check out the rest of the children's programs and hear more about the purpose, goals, etc. of the programs and talk to both the organizers and the parents and caregivers that attend with their kids.

Check out the library at: http://ci.northfield.mn.us/library/
and the children's programs at: http://www.northfieldpubliclibrary.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment