Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week at the library

Last week I spent several mornings at the Northfield library. I went to three of the children's programs--Early Lit program on Monday, Infant Lapsit on Tuesday, and the Toddler story time on Wednesday. I also had the opportunity to talk to Kathy Ness and Leesa Wisdorf, two librarians who run the children's programs. I learned a lot about the children's programs and the library in general from talking with them. 

Unfortunately the car I am borrowing wouldn't start in the -22* temperature of Thursday morning (even the schools were canceled again from the cold), so I had to reschedule my meeting with Lynne Young, the library director. The library is closed in honor of MLK day tomorrow, so I am meeting with her along with Diana Tallant, the coordinator and program director for the Booker bus, on Tuesday (go to the Booker blog at: www.bookerbus.blogspot.com/ to find out more about Booker). That pushes back my story, but I am planning to finish it by Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment